Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Mexico

When I came to you, you opened your arms to me, giving me a place to sleep. Then as time slowly passed it felt as though you were pushing me away, like you wanted me to go back where I came from. I didn't listen, but then there were times when I was tired of you telling me to leave. Well eventually we warmed up to each other and seem to get along quite well. Then we finally became best friends, you whispered into my ear "it's time for you to go". I sit here, understanding every word you've been saying to me this whole time. You held my hand when I needed you to, you partied with me when I had no one else, but when I got a little out of control you helped put me back in my place. When I walk the streets I feel you hug me, when I'm with my friends youre with me too. You never questioned or judged of who I am, maybe just a bit at first. I realize when I say goodbye, you know I'll be coming back, and you will wait for me, as you can not come and visit me. You are a true friend... you are Mexico

No comments: